TEDI-London is delighted to announce that it has received confirmation from the Office for Students (OfS) that its application to join the register of English higher education providers (the Register) has been successful.
This landmark achievement means that, most importantly, students wanting to study with us can access student support funding, (in other words apply to the student loans company), and we can apply for a license to recruit and sponsor international students.
Also, TEDI-London can access public grants for teaching, apply for the right to award our own degrees and eventually apply for the right to call ourselves a university!
This decision means that we have demonstrated to the OfS, the regulating body for Higher Education in England, that TEDI-London:
- provides well-designed courses that deliver a high-quality academic experience for all students
- supports students from admission through to completion
- ensures students’ outcomes are valued by employers or enable further study
- awards qualifications that hold their value over time, in line with recognised standards
- pays regard to guidance about how to comply with consumer protection law
- has a published student protection plan setting out the risks of course, campus or provider closure and how it will protect students’ interests in such an event
- has the financial resources to provide and deliver the courses advertised
- has the management and governance arrangements necessary to provide and deliver the courses advertised.
More information on the Register can be found here.
This announcement adds to other recent good news in the development of TEDI-London. In December 2020, Southwark Council granted planning permission for the new campus at Canada Water and ground has broken on the works in just the last few weeks. Find out more information about the campus.